February 18, 2013

It's like coming back to an Old Friend

Hello blog,

It's been a while. A lot has happened.
I've moved a few times, changed jobs, and just a few days ago my father passed away.
It was a big shock to me even though his health has suffered through the years. I was always convinced that he'd be too stubborn to go.

Life is changing once again. My boyfriend of 4 1/2 years and I are moving in with my mom. She is in the process of getting hip and knee surgeries so I feel better knowing we're around. She said she wanted a garden this year. I tried to do some work there last summer but I didn't plan well enough and it was too late in the season for anything to really grow. This time John and I are already planning what to do. My mom has a few specific requests, but aside from that she has no issue with us doing as we please with the large amount of yard space at hand.

Gardens were always around while I was growing up, my mom loves to grow things. She really wants to grow enough vegetables to freeze and eat for a while so it's going to take a bit of planning in order to grow the amount of food she has in mind.
I just ordered a few seeds so this is what we are thinking. All ordered from Annie's Heirloom Seeds which I have never purchased from before.

Catnip
Catskill Brussels Sprouts
Danver's Half Long Carrot
Early Snowball Cauliflower
Golden Bantam Sweet Corn
Habanero Pepper
Lavender - Common English
Paris Island Cos Lettuce
Serrano Pepper
Tom Thumb Popcorn
Pumpkins
Sugar Snap Peas
Kentucky Blue Pole Bean
Broccoli
Sweet 100 Tomatoes
Red Onion

There will probably be more, and there will definitely be flowers as well.
I'm excited for the garden, and I'm just happy my boyfriend and I are able to be there for my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment